Monday, December 6, 2010

Zelah: A tale from long ago. By, Norma Fox

This novel story is number one of my favorite story for leaving home book. This book have lot of emotions of a Jewish girl sent from Poland to America to meet the fiancĂ© chosen by her parents then story was a little difficult for me because I just couldn’t decide if I believe Zelzah was a strong a female or not because she kept confused me by she wrote a letter to Jake that she don’t mind to take her cousin’s place which mean she will be become Jake’s new girlfriend but of course, Jake rejected it. But, she laughed when she read Jake’s letter that he rejected her, that party, I still don’t understand. Also, I can notice that she kept falling idea of marriage but she still being single. Therefore, there is an strong question is she strong female? I do surprise that when she became independent that she is single and still have a good job is teacher for 3rd grader. In addition, I think she is more stick with American culture than Polish because American’s famous is marriage while Polish aren’t. I think she made a big mistake for let Jake go because she kept wrote a letter to him, I think she need to have man around her to have a better life and keep her alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment