Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dancer




In the story, Dancer by Vickie Sears mentioned that the little girl, Clarissa has been in foster homes and she was a loner. It seems like Clarissa went through a lot of tough times with other families and that is why she don’t. “She’d be screaming and crying with her little body wriggling on the bed, her hair all matted up on her woody-colored face.” It seems like she had horrible memories with her other foster families, could be abuse, molesting, or something else. She keep have that nightmare. She was grounded for trying to kill a cat, but her family took her with them to powwow dance so she could feel welcome, being care, and prevent her from doing something inappropriate.

“She just seemed like she was all full up with anger and sacredness like lots of the kids who come to me. Only she was a real loner.” (pg. 21)

Can you imagine that you moving three different families in only months? Its would be so emotion and confused for me because once my natural family give me up to other family, I will be so scare because I don’t know that family so well, they should be abusive family or something. However, I glad that I got stay with my natural family with all of my life.

Clarissa became interested into Owl dance, Circle dance, and Hoop dance. I think that Clarissa had found something that will solve her anger from her past and something that she will love to do when she learn these dances. It also helped her to improve her behavior since these dances are something that she loves to do. I recall when I was younger, I never have any foster families, I have many friends who have foster families just because they just said that they cant handle them which its not true because they just want to save money to themselves.

I also think that family is the best family that Clarissa ever had. She improved a lot when she first came into this family. She found her passion in dancing and music.

My goal in the past was to become a great football player, but I started practice pretty late. But, I decide to continued playing everyday with other players in my school because it becomes one of my passions.

After I read this story, I am realizing that I'm pretty impressed with Clarissa's passion become a dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment