Thursday, November 11, 2010

Trip in a Summer Dress. By, Annette Sanford



When I read this story, my first response was shock and stupid because I can’t imagine that I called my sister as mother and called my mother as sister. I said that because once I born by my mother then she raise me and I know who is my mother and siblings while Matthew who son of family decide to called mother as sister while sister as mother, I think its really confused him in the future because when you born, most of babies tend to learn by their mothers and act right in the future while in this story, the happening will be Matthew become so immature and play with his friends’ mother instead his friends. The tone of that story is amazing because there many difference ways of how families raise their own children, sometime, there is weird, right way, and many more. In addition, I think it’s the sadness coming out from the narrator because she was doing what she doesn’t want to but thought it was the best for her. When she was on the bus, she was realizing that she was the mother of her own son, Matthew, and she would give her whole heart to him. What bother me the most was the reason of the narrator’s mother was yelling on the phone at the end of the conversation with her daughter. Therefore, she disowns her own daughter? I think if this happen in toady’s society, there will be upset to Americans because they wont like that because its not how they suppose to raise their children in wrong way. Also, they will upset that she shows no responsibilities being parent. I think she isn’t ready to being mother. In addition, my opinion of that mother who act like Matthew’s sister, I strongly disagree with her decide to being sister instead mother because this will confused to Matthew’s future life.

No comments:

Post a Comment